ADA National Network Learning Session: California Emergency Plans for Wildfire Season in a COVID19 Environment
9th July, 2020
This presentation will focus on plans for fire season and specifically address California's efforts regarding practicing integrated emergency communication, transportation/evacuation, and sheltering in a COVID-19 environment.
- Understand effective techniques on how to achieve key Emergency Preparedness goals during the COVID-19 pandemic
J.R. Antablian (Bureau Chief for Field Operations, Disaster Service Branch, CDSS) oversees all mutual aid regions in California for the Mass Care Coordinators throughout the state. J.R. has copious amounts of Emergency Management experience, beginning his civil service career in 2008 at the Governor's Office of Homeland Security prior to the formation of Cal OES.
Bryan May (Chief of Public Relations and Media Information for the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services, Cal OES). Since joining Cal OES in 2017 Bryan has been deployed to many of the largest and most destructive wildfires and disasters in California history. Prior to joining Cal OES, Bryan spent the previous 30-years as an Emmy Award winning television sportscaster. A frequent guest speaker and emcee, Bryan now leads the Cal OES video production team and is often called upon to teach PIO on-camera training across California.
Vance Taylor (Chief of the Office of Access and Functional Needs, Cal OES) is responsible for ensuring the needs of individuals with disabilities and persons with access and functional needs are identified before, during, and after a disaster, and integrating disability needs and resources into emergency management systems.
- California's Emergency Plans for Wildfire Season in a COVID19 Environment(pptx)
- California's Emergency Plans for Wildfire Season in a COVID19 Environment(pdf)
- California's Emergency Plans for Wildfire Season in a COVID19 Environment 2 slides per page (pdf)
- California's Emergency Plans for Wildfire Season in a COVID19 Environment(rtf)
- Transcript 07-09-20(pdf)
- Transcript 07-09-20(rtf)
- Archived Session Recordings