ADA National Network Learning Session: FEMAs Section 504 Disability Access Plan
12th December, 2019
FEMA is engaged in implementing its Section 504 Disability Access Plan to enhance access for people with disabilities and strengthen compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. FEMA's Office of Equal Rights is leading this effort and will provide an overview of the 504 Plan and the five focus areas: Public Information, training and exercises, publishing the rights of people with disabilities, disaster recovery programs, and facilities. FEMA's Office of Equal Rights seeks to build disability-related capacity within FEMA through the 504 Plan. This webinar will provide an overview of FEMA's 504 Disability Access Plan and strategies the Agency is employing to address the need for enhanced access for people with disabilities in the five focus areas.
- Gain an understanding of FEMA's responsibilities to enhance access for people with disabilities in its public-facing programs and activities
- Learn about how these five focus areas relate to helping people before, during, and after disasters, including people with disabilities, and how FEMA's initiative relates to access obligations at the state, local, tribal, and territorial levels
Stephanie Fell is a Senior Civil Rights Policy Advisor/Section 504 Coordinator at the Federal Emergency Management Agency. She is responsible for disability-related policy and civil rights compliance in connection with FEMA-conducted and FEMA-funded programs. Previously, Stephanie served in FEMA's counsel's office and Office of Disability Integration and Coordination. Stephanie has deployed to a number of disaster operations to promote disability integration in FEMA's programs.
- FEMA's Section 504 Disability Access Plan(pptx)
- FEMA's Section 504 Disability Access Plan(pdf)
- FEMA's Section 504 Disability Access Plan 2 slides per page (pdf)
- FEMA's Section 504 Disability Access Plan(rtf)
- FEMA's Civil Rights Notice(pdf)
- Transcript 12-12-19(pdf)
- Transcript 12-12-19(rtf)
- Archived Session Recordings