ADA National Network Learning Session: Inclusive Disaster Preparedness, Response, and Recovery - Getting It Right
8th November, 2018
This webinar will review new legislation, crafted by inclusive disability disaster advocates with U.S. Senate leaders, led by Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA). The legislation focuses on analyzing the responses to disasters of the past five years and determining how best to include individuals with disabilities and those who are aging in the preparation, response, and recovery process from the start. Protection of civil rights and ensuring the voices of on-the-ground stakeholders are key components of the legislation.
- Learn the background of the new legislation and its goals.
Michael Gamel McCormick is the Disability Policy Director for the United States Senate Special Committee on Aging, Senator Bob Casey, Ranking Member.
- READI for Disasters Act Webinar(pptx)
- READI for Disasters Act Webinar (pdf)
- READI for Disasters Act Webinar 2 slides per page (pdf)
- READI for Disasters Act Webinar (rtf)
- Transcript 11-8-18(pdf)
- Transcript 11-8-18(rtf)