ADA National Network Learning Session: A Frontline View of the Oroville Dam and Sonoma and Napa Wildfire Disasters
11th January, 2018
Two significant disasters have hit Northern California over the past year - the failure of the Oroville Dam and the series of wildfires that hit Sonoma and Napa counties and reached into the city of Santa Rosa. Local Centers for Independent Living (CILs) were on the frontlines in the evacuation and sheltering efforts. This webinar will examine the experience of a local CIL in these disasters.
- Understand how a CIL can participate in the community planning for a disaster, and how those plans match with reality
Ana Acton lives in Nevada City, California, and is the Executive Director for FREED Center for Independent Living serving Nevada, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, and Sierra counties. As a non-profit Independent Living Resource Center, FREED's goal is to empower people with disabilities to exercise their civil rights in becoming active, productive members of our community.
- Acton - Oroville Dam and Napa Fire presentation(ppt)
- Acton - Oroville Dam and Napa Fire presentation(pdf)
- Acton - Oroville Dam and Napa Fire presentation 2 slides per page(pdf)
- Acton - Oroville Dam and Napa Fire presentation(rtf)