Registries: Its not about the list!
11th September, 2014
"Registries: Its not about the List!" - the next session in the Emergency Management and Preparedness - Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities Webinar Series will be held on September 11th, 2014.
Produced by the Pacific ADA Center with technical support by the Great Lakes ADA Center. The Pacific and Great Lakes ADA Centers are both members of the ADA National Network.
The whole community approach to emergency management requires an informed and shared understanding of a community risks, needs, and capabilities. Communities often consider using Emergency Assistance Registries as a strategy for gaining such an understanding of their populations with communications, medical, independence, support, or transportation access or functional dependencies. Drawing on recent research, this talk will not focus on "the list"; rather, it will focus on four concepts critical to making registries about the people: registry purpose, inherent contract, location vs. hazard, and contract fulfillment. These concepts will be explained by showing how they played out in one community's registry operation.
We encourage you to join us on September 11th, 2014.
- Paul L. Hewett, Deputy Director of the Center for Integrated Emergency Preparedness,Argonne National Laboratory
- Registries - Its not about the List Archive
- Registries - Its not about the List Handout - (RTF)
- Registries - Its not about the List Handout - 2 Slides Per Page (PDF)
- Registries - Its not about the List Handout - 3 Slides Per Page (PDF)